segunda-feira, 19 de março de 2018

As Mais Capazes






The New Women! I could barely recognise them as being of the same sex as myself, their buttocks arrogant in tight jeans, openly inviting, breasts falling free and shameless and feeling no apparent obligation to smile, look pleasant or keep their voices low. And how they live! Just look at them to know how! If a man doesn’t bring them to orgasm, they look for another who does. If by mistake they fall pregnant, they abort by vacuum aspiration. If they don’t like the food, they push the plate away. If the job doesn’t suit them, they hand in their notice. They are satiated by everything, hungry for nothing. They are what I wanted to be; they are what I worked for them to be: and now I see them, I hate them.

― Fay Weldon, Praxis, Ch. 2, 1978

1 comentário:

  1. Serão livres para serem desagradáveis e egoístas, poderia ter lutado pela sua liberdade e não gostar do que estão a fazer com ela, e ser livre para não gostar, seguir outro caminho e ser igualmente capaz

    ResponderEliminar